I got to chat with Paul, the head brewer at BrickHouse Brewing, in Patchogue, who has been a long time supporter of Long Island Craft Beer Week. The BrickHouse is celebrating its 20th year and has been the anchor of the Patchogue renaissance.
I got to talk to some great people from breweries around the Island when I attended Great South Bay Brewery’s Bay Fest, yesterday. Taking precious time away from the hordes of attendees, I managed to grab a couple of minute-long interviews with folks from three Long Island breweries. I want to thank Tim from The Brewers’ Collective, Kevin from Sand City, and Nate from Crooked Ladder once again for answering some questions and ignoring my amateur camera work.
Check out the videos at Drunk & Unemployed!
We look forward to spending time together next week during 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week, and we’re excited to announce the “Long Island Craft Beer Week” app! The app will allow you to:
- Connect with our attendees
- Browse speaker profiles and bookmark favorites
- Set reminders for sessions you don’t want to miss
- Get to know more about our Breweries
- Take session notes for future reference
- Open the web browser on your device and download the CrowdCompass Directory mobile app at: https://crowd.cc/s/eUMY —or— you can also find the app in your respective store by typing in “CrowdCompass Directory” in the search field. This will work for Apple and Android devices.
- After you download the app, search for the event by typing in “Long Island Craft Beer Week” in the top search field and hit search/enter. Click on the event name to get access to the event content.
- Login to the event for more features and add yourself to attendee list. Tap on the “about” icon and look for the “sign up for an account” instructions under App Help section.
BlackBerry & Non-Smart Phone Devices
The web version of the app is accessible at: https://crowd.cc/licbw
Long Island Craft Beer Week Champions—Here to Help! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The sign up for the Pint Glass Pickup has closed! If you’ve signed up, please go to the pick up location you indicated when you signed up, on Monday, May 16, after 5pm. If you don’t remember the location you selected, send an email to email@example.com from the email address that you used to sign up.
Here are the locations of the Pint Glass Pickup:
Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd in Rockville Centre
Bobbique, 70 W Main St in Patchogue
The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St in Mineola
J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd in Point Lookout
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 6401 Jericho Turnpike in Commack
The Tap House, 114 W Main St in Patchogue
Sign up to receive your very own commemorative 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week pint glass, available to pick up at: Bobbique, 70 W Main St in Patchogue; The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St in Mineola; Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 6401 Jericho Turnpike in Commack; The Tap House, 114 W Main St in Patchogue; or, Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd in Rockville Centre, starting at 5pm on Monday, May 16. The pint glass is free! We encourage you to support the business where you pick it up by filling up your new glass with a refreshing beverage on tap! We’re taking orders up to Sunday, May 15.
We have a limited number of glasses. One pint glass per person, please!
Update! Just added to the locations where you can pick up your commemorative 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week pint glass: J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd in Point Lookout.