I got to chat with Paul, the head brewer at BrickHouse Brewing, in Patchogue, who has been a long time supporter of Long Island Craft Beer Week. The BrickHouse is celebrating its 20th year and has been the anchor of the Patchogue renaissance.
I got to talk to some great people from breweries around the Island when I attended Great South Bay Brewery’s Bay Fest, yesterday. Taking precious time away from the hordes of attendees, I managed to grab a couple of minute-long interviews with folks from three Long Island breweries. I want to thank Tim from The Brewers’ Collective, Kevin from Sand City, and Nate from Crooked Ladder once again for answering some questions and ignoring my amateur camera work.
Check out the videos at Drunk & Unemployed!
Check it out: 7% ABV with a hop bill consisting of Citra, Amarillo, Cascade, and Equinox. We also went with larger 16oz cans this year! Holy moly, we can’t wait for you all to try it! Remember, all it takes is two cans of non-perishable canned food to receive a can of Craft Cares IPA. This is a very limited run so one per person, please! Find your local trader here: http://longislandcraftbeerweek.com/craft-cares-donation-locations
Starting May 13, here are the locations where you can trade two cans of food for one can of Craft Cares IPA (one can per person, please—supplies are very limited!):
- 1940’s Brewing Co, 1337-1 Lincoln Av, Holbrook NY 11741
- Anthony’s Coal Fire Pizza, 6401 Jericho Tpk, Commack NY 11725
- Bellport Cold Beer & Soda, 417 Station Rd, Bellport NY 11713
- The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St, Mineola NY 11501
- Blue Point Brewery, 161 River Av, Patchogue NY 11772
- Bobbique, 70 W Main St, Patchogue NY 11772
- BrickHouse Brewery, 67 W Main St, Patchogue NY 11772
- Craft Beer Cellar, 24 Main St, Port Washington, NY 11050
- Destination Unknown Beer Co, 1 S Chicago Av, Bay Shore NY 11706
- J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd, Point Lookout NY 11569
- Homebrew & Handgrenades, 2378 Grand Av, Baldwin NY 11510
- Hotel Indigo, 1830 W Main St, Rt 25, Riverhead NY 11901
- Lithology Brewing Co, 211 Main St, Farmingdale NY 11735
- Moustache Brewing Co, 400 Hallett Av, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd, Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- Port Jeff Beverage, 5 Railroad Av, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
- Port Jeff Brewing Co, 22 Mill Creek Rd, Port Jefferson, NY 11777
- Sand City Brewing Co, 60 Main St, Northport NY 11768
- Spider Bite Brewery, 920 Lincoln Av, Unit 5, Holbrook NY 11741
- The Tap Room Patchogue, 114 W Main St, Patchogue, NY 11772
The sign up for the Pint Glass Pickup has closed! If you’ve signed up, please go to the pick up location you indicated when you signed up, on Monday, May 16, after 5pm. If you don’t remember the location you selected, send an email to email@example.com from the email address that you used to sign up.
Here are the locations of the Pint Glass Pickup:
Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd in Rockville Centre
Bobbique, 70 W Main St in Patchogue
The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St in Mineola
J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd in Point Lookout
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 6401 Jericho Turnpike in Commack
The Tap House, 114 W Main St in Patchogue
Sign up to receive your very own commemorative 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week pint glass, available to pick up at: Bobbique, 70 W Main St in Patchogue; The Black Sheep Ale House, 78 2nd St in Mineola; Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, 6401 Jericho Turnpike in Commack; The Tap House, 114 W Main St in Patchogue; or, Parlay Gastropub, 210 Merrick Rd in Rockville Centre, starting at 5pm on Monday, May 16. The pint glass is free! We encourage you to support the business where you pick it up by filling up your new glass with a refreshing beverage on tap! We’re taking orders up to Sunday, May 15.
We have a limited number of glasses. One pint glass per person, please!
Update! Just added to the locations where you can pick up your commemorative 2016 Long Island Craft Beer Week pint glass: J.A. Heneghan’s Tavern, 57 Lido Blvd in Point Lookout.